I'm just a college student looking to encourage people to love Jesus Christ above all.
Jesus commands my destiny.
Sleep fails to arrive
My mind is not at ease
I am awake but barely alive
Father draw near to me, please
God I want to honor you
I desire to do your will
I know the first thing I should do
Is learn to be still
“Make a Joyful noise to the Lord,
All the earth!
2 Serve the Lord with Gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
3 Know that the Lord, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!
5 For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.”
1. Making a joyful noise to the Lord is commanded.
- The noise must be joyful. God wants us happy but He wants to be the object and source and reason for our happiness (same can be said about verse 2).
2. We are commanded to know that God is God and He is the one who made us, and we are His (v. 3)
3. First two lines of verse four have to also do with our happiness in God.
4. The last line is another command: “Give thanks to him; bless his name!” But this command gives a reason why we are to do so: “For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.
I feel your grace in every breath I take
When I inhale and exhale
You sustain me as I sleep or wake
God your ways I do not understand
How you could love a mess like me
Yet you keep me safe in your hand
By your grace I am free
I behold your glory when I look up at the stars
As words do not do justice
To knowing the hope that is ours
Father you shower grace on us
Like countless drops of rain
It is in you we place our trust
Glory to the Lamb who was slain
Psalm 131 is a short Psalm (only three verses). But it is still powerful.
I encourage you to go read it.
If you have read it I want to draw your attention to verse two which says this:
“But I have calmed and quieted my soul,
like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child is my soul within me.”
Psalm 131:2 (ESV)
Go somewhere quiet and spend time with God. Go somewhere quiet and say to Him “Lord, I am busy with things that do not matter at all in comparison to spending time with you. I have been stressed out and distracted. But in this moment, right now, ‘I have calmed and quieted my soul.’”